Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's Raining Men!

”God bless Mother Nature, she's a single woman too/She took off to heaven and she did what she had to do/She taught every angel to rearrange the sky/So that each and every woman could find her perfect guy/It's Raining Men! Hallelujah! - It's Raining Men! Amen!/ It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!/It's Raining Men! Ame---------nnnn!/ I feel stormy weather / Moving in about to begin/Hear the thunder / Don't you lose your head/ Rip off the roof and stay in bed.” -"It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls

Isn’t this any heterosexual woman’s fantasy? I dare say it might be mine. I happen to think it would be pretty fantastic if the perfect man “rained” from heaven and onto my bed. Mine would be an intelligent one with a strong defined jaw line, pretty teeth, and ambition. It also wouldn’t hurt if he was thoughtful, energetic, hardworking, and had knowledge of the “sidewalk rule.” And since I’m not into the mushy, lets always be holding hands- must see you everyday-lets agree on everything- needy behavior, I want a man with a strong sense of who he is as an individual without the arrogant attitude. Not to mention, I would need him to also respect the fact that I am a slight workaholic, sometimes temperamental, clean freak, loud person who loves to sing along to oldies. That isn’t too much to ask for, is it?
Creating this checklist was simple but what about reality? I’m not even confident whether this “perfect” man even exists! But I am okay with that because quite frankly, I don’t want him to fit my checklist. The concept of raining men is not a realistic one and neither is finding a man who fits my specific minimum requirements. The right man will be someone who will continually surprise me with his spunk and even more great qualities than what I originally hoped for and maybe didn’t know I wanted. Otherwise, I would be completely bored with him and then what would I do! I need a man who won’t be afraid to oppose me, challenge me, drive me crazy but also whole heartedly and unconditionally love me the same way I know I will love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment